High Style.

Courthouse View.

Built in 1911, this 7-story building at the corner of Tabb and Sycamore Streets was Petersburg’s first skyscraper. Built by the Petersburg Benevolent Mechanics Association on the site of their previous Mechanics Hall, the Community Bank Building is one of a handful of turn-of-the-century high-rise buildings remaining in downtown Petersburg. Abandoned and obsolete as an officer by 2010, the building’s new owners engaged Waukeshaw for development services — we brought in Yellow Room for architectural services, Xenith Bank for financing and Haase Inc. as the GC, and $6M and two years later the project opened as the Courthouse View Apartments.  

Courthouse View


Petersburg, VA




43,404 sf


View Site