We’re always interested in talking with smart, talented people about joining our team. Our current openings are listed below.
POSITION: WINTON FARM GENERAL MANAGER
What We’re Looking For: As the General Manager, you set the tone for Winton members, guests, and employees. You’re passionate about creating a warm and welcoming environment for our members and guests, and you are constantly finding new ways to improve on what we do. You are energetic, capable of performing every task in the club, and willing to pitch in where ever you’re needed. You’re great at multi-tasking, and you also know how to delegate so every member of the team is performing to his or her highest ability. You lead by example and are committed to developing your team, ensuring they’re hyper focused on hospitality and committed to excellence. You understand the importance of keeping costs down, and you’re capable of analyzing data to see where we can improve our margins. This position requires strong leadership and communication skills, and you’re up for the challenge.
- Hiring, leading, training, and supervising Pro Shop Staff Members, Cart Attendants, and Pool Staff (April-Sept)
- Coordinating with Grounds Superintendent to ensure upkeep of course
- Representing Winton at public events and meetings
- Marketing Winton memberships to non-member guests, as well as within the community and with other clubs and organizations
- Providing new member orientations
- Handling member billing and payments
- Implementing member disciplinary actions as needed
- Coordinating with Airbnb Manager to assist with guest needs and property maintenance
- Analyzing financial statements, reviewing income and expenses related to plans, implementing corrective measures, reporting updates to management
- Making recommendations for capital improvements, supplies, and equipment
- Creating weekly schedules for pro shop and pool, ensuring labor targets are met
- Handling company funds, depositing checks, balancing cash drawer
- Overseeing food and beverage program, including placing orders and completing a monthly inventory
- Managing Pro Shop inventory monthly, coordinating merchandise orders as needed
- Marketing and preparing special merchandise orders for members; ensuring catalogues are available and prominently displayed
- Supervising the daily condition, appearance, and maintenance of the rental carts; ensuring rental carts are cleaned, charged, and stored properly
- Serving as lead point of contact for all vendors, negotiating pricing and ensuring satisfactory completion of services
- Overseeing care and maintenance of all physical assets and facilities
- Ensuring facility cleanliness and safety standards are met
- Resolving member and guest concerns and complaints
- Facilitating private events as needed
- Planning and executing tournaments and other special events
- Driving overall efficiency and productivity
- Maintaining awareness of membership and golf rates at competing clubs; preparing comparison studies with other area courses at least 2 times per year to gather information on upkeep of courses, and any other factors that impact the golf on the course
- Overseeing all aspects of Pool operations including but not limited to maintenance, pool conditions, and membership attendance
- Other duties as required
Don’t see an opening? Send us an email and introduce yourself, along with an updated resume.
Some of this stuff just seems impossible when you first take it in . . . but then, piece by piece, you start chipping away.